Sunday, April 19, 2009

Desperate acts or thrill seeker?

April 17, 2009 Friday

It is the end of the week again. Since I started working, Friday is one of my favourite days other than public holidays and payday. The best thing is the dress down option for employees on Friday - one less shirt to iron on weekend.

It has been quite a tiring week for me. Not because of work - work is quite relaxing. It is the interruptions and dreams that I have at night. (No, not wet dreams) People who dream a lot are having light sleep and don't rest as well as those who have a deep sleep without any dreams.

Anyway, the other reason why I love Fridays is because tons of ladies will dress up - or rather, dress down (less) in anticipation of the Friday party night.
And so, my eyes were darting all around after I got off the train, hoping to catch a glimpse of sexy ladies.
Then suddenly I spot this lady in business wear standing beside a shelf of cookies which was outside the shop and hidden behind a wall. Her actions was lightning quick as she pick up a jar of cookies as if to examine them then when she turn her body and walk towards escalator, the jar of cookies was missing, presumably inside the paper bag that she was holding.
While she was on the escalator, she looked around to check if anyone noticed her act. There I was, squinting my eyes at her. Her heartbeat must have shot up instantly as she showed me that ladies in heels can run surprisingly fast. I was in no mood to play "catch thief" so I just let it pass when she ran into a pathway that few pedestrian walked.

By the way, the jar of cookies was priced at $5.50.
As I continued to walk towards office, I wonder if times are so bad or she is a thrill-seeker.
Well, something different on a sexy Friday.